Olumide Seal shuns grandmother’s burial!
Contrary to expectation, U.S based Nigerian music Superstar, Olumide Samuel better known as Seal, refused to turn up for the final burial rites of his maternal grandmother in February, just like he did at the death of his mother, Mrs. Samuel about nine years back.
What made Seal's absence the more felt is the fact that he was practically brought up as a kid by Madam Mobolaji Sulola Akanke Abayomi who died in January 2006.
Sauce of the Sun learnt that Seal's elder sister, Mrs. Funlola Aramide Adebowale had nursed the hope that the death of the octogenarian would probably act as a catalyst to propel her younger brother home after a lengthy forced leave of absence. But it was not to be, as Seal not only shunned the wake-keep, but the burial as well.
The genesis of the furore between Seal and his mother was kick-started when he accused his mother of trying to ruin his life and career after the latter kept away from him his international travelling passport. In her defence, Seal's mum claimed she was merely trying to protect her young son then, but this plea did not go down well with Olumide at all.
Eventually when Seal's mum died after a protracted illness, her illustrious son, despite all entreaties, shunned his mother's burial. Also at the receiving end of Olumide's anger is his elder sister, Funlola Aramide Adebowale, who for close to ten years was not on speaking terms with her superstar brother.
But few people expected that Seal would also shun the burial of the loving woman who raised him. But then, that's life for you!
- Kojo Jones Ghana’s most eligible bachelor
- This ass will not be raped by any uncle-Actress Em
- Adaeze G Okoro: Newly crowned Miss Prestigious Nig
- Queen Anita - Beauty Queen, Fitness Enthusiast, Po
- Idia Aisien Channels Kim Kardashian in Birthday Ph
- GREAT HONOUR! Hon. Ned Nwoko, Regina Daniels, Rita
- Award-winning Actress and Producer Bikiya Graham-D
- Actress Rosaline Meurer Bags Indigenous Female Per