Five Top Nollywood Stars plus MUDI Escape Plane Crash
Fashion designer Clement Mudiaga Enajemo (MUDI) launched his clothing line and store in Kenya on Friday March 19 after narrowly escaping a plane mishap.
The designer was traveling together with five major Nollywood stars from Nigeria to Kenya for the launch.
According to the Nigerian High commissioner to Kenya Dr Chijoke Wigwe, the group was supposed to travel to Nairobi on Thursday night (March 18). “Two hours into their flight, the aircraft they were traveling in developed a technical fault while flying over Cameroun. They then turned back to Lagos.”
Still determined to make it for the launch the party restarted their journey again on Friday at 11:45 am (Nigerian time) and arrived in Nairobi at 10:30pm (Kenyan time).
At the time of their arrival, the guest of honour Kenya's Tourism minister Najib Balala had asked to be excused as he had another engagement.
The flight mishap notwithstanding, the show still went ahead. The jetlagged stars, Fred Amata, Victor Osuagwu, Gentle Jack, Basorge Tariah Jnr. and Emeka Ossai showcased the new 2010 designs that will be selling at the new Mudi store located at Thigiri Ridge Road Shopping Complex in Nairobi.
Tourism minister Najib Balala encouraged his fellow parliamentarians to visit the store and sample the various designs. Other guests at the party included Rosemary Odinga, MP Shakeel Shabbir, CEO UBA Manz Denga and Nazlin Omar.
Mudi designs have been worn by world-class clientele that includes Nigerian ministers, diplomats, bankers, businessmen, musicians and Nollywood actors.
By Grace Kerongo, in Kenya
- ‘I see a new Nigeria rising’, Bishop Feyi Daniels
- Davido Acquires #900million Lamborghini Aventador
- Blaqbonez Resents The Release Date Of Davido's New
- Tiwa Savage Ignores Joeboy And Discloses Affection
- "I Will Die Soon, I Have Completed My Earthly Mini
- Nollywood Actor And Wife Allegedly Dissolves Marri
- Teacher Set To Marry Her Primary School Student
- Davido Shakes Social Media As He Releases Snippet
- How Kingsley Yamoah filmed The Billionaire’s Wife
- Mr. Eazy Shares Thrilling Birthday Post To Temi Ot