we will not honour vulgar songs-----Nigeria Music Video Awards
This year's Nigerian Music Video Awards is taking a turn from the norm as this year's award is set to promote decency and sanity in Nigerian music videos. Organizers of the Award have chosen the theme:” Music Edifies” for this year's music awards.
The theme was chosen so as to help check the celebration of obscenity, fraud and other such vices in Nigerian songs and videos 'as musicians are role models who have a large percent of fan base among the children.'
To this effect, the award will not feature videos that have been banned by the Nigerian Broadcast Commission. “All videos with corrupt themes will be discountenanced, a consistent policy we held from the onset. With regard to all videos banned by the Nigerian Broadcast Commission (NBC) we have no intentions of going contrary”.
This year's video award is set to be better than the last year's edition, though controversies will also trail the Award, as cynics will always see something wrong even in Eden. Patrick Doyle, one of the organizers said, “There will always be controversy but the panel of judges is formidable”
He stated further that the judges are drawn from the best producers and veterans. This year's award which will feature 24 categories such as Best Video, Best Fuji, Best Gospel, Best Editor, Most popular Nigerian Music Video in Video and Best new Director amongst other categories will hold on November 1 at the Eko Hotel and Suite.
- Black Lives Matter: Us based director Olive Eko de
- Photos: Miss New Nigeria Queens releases Official
- Ex Beauty Queen & Singer April Chidinma Dazzles In
- MUKHY TAKES US ON A CRUISE IN NEW VIDEO OF DEBUT S
- Ibrahim Suleiman And Linda Ejiofor Share Their Lov
- President Buhari reappoints Chidia Maduekwe to hea
- Falz, Praiz, Timaya, Others Grace The Willis Give
- Face of Nigeria 2020/2021 winner, Vivian Okpala re
- I want to setup an internationally recognised fash
- Miss Apex Queen Nigeria world 2020, Ene John unvei