Cancer Kills Top Actress Remi Abiola
Popular Nollywood actress and wife of the late Moshood Kashimawo Abiola (MKO), Remi Abiola, died yesterday of lung cancer.
The talented actress, who has been battling with the ailment for sometime now, was said to have been in coma for 10 days, before she eventually died in a New York hospital.
www.nollywoodgists.com gathered that the late actress discovered that she was suffering from the ailment about seven months ago, when she travelled to the United States of America, for an award ceremony.
She is survived by two children, one of whom she had for the late MKO Abiola. His name is Kamorudeen.
Remi, who studied in England, started her acting career with stage performances in London in the 1970s.
When she returned to Nigeria, she worked as a flight attendant at the defunct Nigerian Airways before taking acting as a full time profession.
Speaking with www.nollywoodgists.com on her death this morning, the National President of the Association of Nigerian Theatre-Arts Practitioners (ANTP), Prince Jide Kosoko, described the news as an unfortunate one.
“It is very sad. I never knew she was not in the country. I got to know that she was in coma about seven days ago,” Kosoko said, adding that “our colleagues in U.S. are currently making arrangements to bring her corpse home for burial.”
- ‘I see a new Nigeria rising’, Bishop Feyi Daniels
- Davido Acquires #900million Lamborghini Aventador
- Blaqbonez Resents The Release Date Of Davido's New
- Tiwa Savage Ignores Joeboy And Discloses Affection
- "I Will Die Soon, I Have Completed My Earthly Mini
- Nollywood Actor And Wife Allegedly Dissolves Marri
- Teacher Set To Marry Her Primary School Student
- Davido Shakes Social Media As He Releases Snippet
- How Kingsley Yamoah filmed The Billionaire’s Wife
- Mr. Eazy Shares Thrilling Birthday Post To Temi Ot