Basketmouth Discloses Why He Failed To Vote During Saturday General
Basketmouth has come out to beg Nigerians to have failed to vote on the day of election. He as well disclosed that his failure to vote was not deliberate as somethings came up that utterly prevented him.
Bright Okpocha, better known by his stage name Basketmouth, is a Nigerian comedian and actor. He has organized popular stand-up comedy concerts like Basketmouth Uncensored across the globe.
In his post on social media, Basketmouth expressed resentment to himself to have failed to vote because he is always advocating for change in the country.
Furthermore, he revealed that he was out of the country for an international show during the electioneering process. This consequently held him there and barred him from participating in his constitutional duty.
"I've always spoken up about the wrong in this country. it's quite unfortunate that I missed election this year.
However, my international shows are planned one year before, so as to secure dates and venue. To have changed dates on such short notice would have been a logistical hazard to not just myself, but the whole crew.
The elections have not always been on February, but my show always was, a valentine special.
that being said, I'm proud of every Nigerian youth for taking a stand .
Thank you to my true fans that understood and still came out for me.
Thank you Frankurft for another sold out show.
Cologne you are next."
- “We are dealing with the issues of freedom of asso
- Davido's Manager, Isreal DMW, Breaks Up With Wife
- Nigerian-Inspired New Rock Opera 'Killin' Republic
- Fire Guts Popular Nigerian Singer’s House
- 28-year Old Nigerian Rapper Oladips Is Dead
- James Eze Drops Number 1, Featuring Elena Gaze
- Grammy Award Winner Angélique Kidjo to mark 40th c
- TNKAY Music Worldwide Vows To Ensure Justice For M
- “i Am Hurt That I Didn’t Get Congratulations From
- Wizkid Announces Break From Music