Keep up your faith - Khaid encourages new upcoming Musicians
Just like Edo born, Rema, Khaid is poised to rep the Nigerian music industry with new vibes. The teen star, discussed how his father influenced him to pursue a career as a mechanic before being discovered by Sydney Talker.
Born Sulaimon Shekoni Abiola, but named as Khaid (pronounced K-e-d) on stage. Khaid is a 17-year-old singer from a family of ten children. He has seven brothers and sisters. Khaid grew up on the streets of Ojo, a town in Lagos State, Nigeria.
In his most recent interview, Khaid describes how his father asked him to choose a skill to learn, which led him to become a mechanic.
Khaid narrated his personal story, "I am a 17 year old boy that has a passion for music. I grew up in a family of 10 with 8 children and two parents. And I was a one time mechanic that grew up in the streets of Ojo town.
"There was a time my dad needed me to do something as music was not working for me. So I quickly picked mechanic as I could make money from it".
He went on to talk about how Sydney Talker discovered him and how signing with Neville records helped him quit his mechanic job.
Narrating how Sydney Talker found him, he said, "He liked one of my freestyles on Instagram, followed and sent me a DM. We linked up, made some cool stuff and he ended up telling me I'm signed."
"At the point he told me I was signed. After I met him I was still doing my mechanic. He couldn't see me the first day and told me to stop. We had to have a contract and everything before I left", he added.
Khaid EP is expected to buzz online streams soonest. We hope for the best, star boy.
- “It is more than acting for me because I see him a
- Chude Jideonwo and Mfon Ekpo are set to visit Amer
- “I lost my baby after the reunion of the Real Hous
- I was Raped And Impregnated At 15 By My Uncle - T
- Shatta Wale, Wiyaala and others to light up summer
- Hilda Dokubo blames kidnapped Nollywood veteran ac
- Nollywood actors’ kidnappers demand $100,000 befor
- Kidney Surgery for Nigerian musician Eedris Abdulk
- “I don’t watch myself but I had to watch myself du
- Zack Orji Declares Support For Tinubu