I am here to serve, make radical impact in politics – Banky W reveals
Top pop and RnB star turned politician, Olubankole Wellington known by the sobriquet Banky W has revealed reasons why he made a decision to run his political race with the Peoples Democratic Party.
Earlier reports had it that Banky W won the PDP primaries for the constituency held on May 22 across the state but the results were cancelled by the party.
However, a rerun election took place yesterday at the party state secretariat close to Alpha Beach road in Eti-Osa Local government area of Lekki, where he emerged winner again.
In a recent interview with Banky W described his political aspiration as something bigger than him, adding that he joined the PDP to make reforms.
In his words, “It’s a question of learning over the last few years that we have to engage with Nigeria where it is, not where we want it to be.
“At the end of the day, we can’t be content with just shouting from the sidelines. We can realize that some of us have to infiltrate the system, some of us have to get into the major platforms that exists and reform those platforms.
“So this is bigger than me and I say this with all sincerity and with all honesty – that it’s much bigger than me trying to get a seat in the House of Reps.”
Banky W is the CEO, Empire Mates Entertainment. His first appearance in the movie, "Wedding Party 1and 2" made box office.
- ‘I see a new Nigeria rising’, Bishop Feyi Daniels
- Davido Acquires #900million Lamborghini Aventador
- Blaqbonez Resents The Release Date Of Davido's New
- Tiwa Savage Ignores Joeboy And Discloses Affection
- "I Will Die Soon, I Have Completed My Earthly Mini
- Nollywood Actor And Wife Allegedly Dissolves Marri
- Teacher Set To Marry Her Primary School Student
- Davido Shakes Social Media As He Releases Snippet
- How Kingsley Yamoah filmed The Billionaire’s Wife
- Mr. Eazy Shares Thrilling Birthday Post To Temi Ot