Ini Edo Explains Why She had Her Daughter Through Surrogacy
Nollywood actress, Ini Edo, has confirmed the rumours that she recently welcomed her first child through surrogacy.
The actress finally opened up in an interview with Stella Korkus, which was published on Friday.
Ini Edo said she chose the path to fulfil her dream of becoming a mother.
She said, “Yes I do have a daughter and I had her through surrogacy. The eggs are mine and so genetically, she’s my blood.
“I chose this path to fulfill my dream of becoming a mother. I still have a good number of eggs frozen in case I decide to do surrogacy again or carry my baby myself.”
Ini Edo, however, debunked rumours that her child’s father was a married man, identified as Kome.
The actress said, “It is so sad that in Nigeria when a ‘single’ woman is friends with a guy, it must mean to people that they are dating.
“Kome has been my friend for years and that’s what it is, period. He is a responsible family man and doesn’t deserve to be dragged into my motherhood story.”
The actress added that she opted for a donor because of her and her baby’s peace of mind.
She said: “I opted for a donor for me and my baby’s peace of mind.
“Another major reason I opted for a donor is that it scares me so much when I see banter and controversies between a mother and a father over a baby in public forums.
“For me, it’s the fear of what that would mean for the child. Ideally, it’s marriage then children but we are not living in an ideal world.”
Ini Edo also opened up about her past miscarriages.
She said: “I had a series of miscarriages in the past but that wasn’t my reason for going this route. I still hope to carry babies In my womb in the future, God willing.”
- Empire Hosts Inaugural Event Themed #empiresundown
- Infinity Ebere Ohakwe premiers Nollywood movie Ola
- I gave Kemi a hard time because I didn’t want to d
- Wendy Shay, other 4 African female artists to head
- Nigerian actor Abbey Abimbola bags Asia's achievem
- I need husband urgently – Eucharia Anunobi cries o
- Tonto Dikeh, Kemi Olunloyo Battle For Supremacy Ra
- 2face Idibia Visits Sound Sultan's Grave In The US
- Iheme Nancy laments Over Her Crashed investment
- Colleagues celebrates Ngozi Ezeonu as she turns 57