The first time I smoked ,I coughed, everyone laughed so I wanted conquer it — Irene Logan opens on journey to smoking addiction
Former member of defunct music group Irene and Jane, Irene Logan has over the past few days detailed her experience with depression and how she had to take to smoking so as to fit into a certain circle she had discovered.
According to her, smoking became a habit after her participation in the Ghanaian music reality show, Stars of The Future.
She detailed that she came from a rather strict and protective family and went on to say that none of her parents smoked neither did they drink alcohol.
“So just having that freedom to get out there and being exposed, trying to fit in. Sitting around places where I could see people boldly smoking looked very attractive, I wanted to try it. So I tried it. And I remember the first time I started smoking, I was coughing, and everyone was laughing at me. And I was so upset because I wanted to conquer it. So that’s how I started practicing,” she continued.
Irene disclosed that the more she tried, the deeper she drove herself into depression. She started upping her smoking from a few sticks to a pack a day and then two packs of cigarettes per day. She revealed that it took an anointing of oil to ‘cure her.
But as the years came and the calling started getting stronger, it was like there was a battle for my soul. "I went deep into smoking cigarettes. I could sit down and smoke 10 sticks a day, and it went to one pack. It got to a time I was smoking almost two packs of cigarettes."
Irene Logan, is currently a gospel artist who is widely sharing her experience with bad company, depression and substance abuse to help educate and empower the younger generation.
She was a force to reckon with during the Stars of The Future reality show and later formed a duo with colleague contestant Jane Awindor popularly known as Efya.
- Pere doesn’t stand a chance with Maria outside BBN
- Goz Captures Nigeria’s Vat Crisis With Dangerously
- Sensational gospel singer, Ese Bliss Biography and
- New Music: Stonebwoy Teams Up With Amapiano Croone
- ‘BBNaija house has broken and restored my faith’ -
- Chidi Nwaogu listed by YNaija among Most Powerful
- REVIEW: KOB sequel reflects Nigeria’s politics and
- ALBUM REVIEW: Omawumi addresses societal ills in ‘
- Watch the words you use in your songs — Yvonne Nel
- Adebayor gifts Funny Face brand new Jeep car