Why NCC is losing war against piracy
Despite all efforts by the Nigeria Copyright Commission to stem the tide of copyright infringements in the country, the Nigerian entertainment industry and stakeholders appear to be at the mercy of pirates and their sponsors. Investigation revealed that the agents behind piracy have perfected strategies to evade the prying eyes of officials of the commission.
According to a source, pirates now divert their illegal products to the markets in neighbouring West African countries. ”They are being funded by some rich men in Nigeria. That is why they can afford the cost of transporting the pirated products to other countries”, the source said.
Apparently, the pirates are exploiting the opportunity provided by the increasing demand for Nigerian home video films and music in most of Africa. But the NCC is undaunted by this development and may seek the assistance of the relevant authorities in the neighbouring countries to stop these illicit transactions.
- “We are dealing with the issues of freedom of asso
- Davido's Manager, Isreal DMW, Breaks Up With Wife
- Nigerian-Inspired New Rock Opera 'Killin' Republic
- Fire Guts Popular Nigerian Singer’s House
- 28-year Old Nigerian Rapper Oladips Is Dead
- James Eze Drops Number 1, Featuring Elena Gaze
- Grammy Award Winner Angélique Kidjo to mark 40th c
- TNKAY Music Worldwide Vows To Ensure Justice For M
- “i Am Hurt That I Didn’t Get Congratulations From
- Wizkid Announces Break From Music