Exclusive: Embassies Still recognise Ikoyi Marriage Registry, It is in the Constitution…Source
Good news Nigerians, you don’t need to weep over your marriage certificate gotten from the Federal Marriage Registry, Ikoyi, because it is still valid and recognised.
Recently, some Nigerians were thrown into confusion over the shocking news of a court ruling nullifying the rites of the Ikoyi federal marriage registry on conducting marriages for intending couples but latest information has it that it was never true.
Nollywoodgist went to the FMR to check happenings around and discovered that marriages have been taking place with certificates being awarded.
As at the time of writing this story, 30th, May, 2018, about 65 wedding was held and this is actually a low turnout because of the Ramadan and rain that has been falling.
Our source disclosed exclusively to Nollywoodgist that truly there was a case in court between the Federal and local government but the local government actually lost it and therefore held a press conference with the media to manipulate the court ruling.
It was further gathered that the FMG was created under the exclusive right of the Nigerian constitution and as such, it is binded under the Nigerian constitution which is why it is being recognised by the various embassies.
Our source further stated that what the local government should do is accept the certificate from the FMG and administer it to intending couples that comes to the local government for marriage and then send a copy back to the FMG who will stand as the central collection point since they cannot handle all the marriages taking place in Nigeria.
- I’m not Using Taju for Business… Actress, Funmi Awelewa Blasts Critics
- Legendary Singer, Moses Ochie Dies of kidney Ailment
- Ghanaian actor, Frederick Nuamah Expecting a Baby Soon
- See how Actor, Chuks Omalicha Rocked his lover from Behind
- Actress, Tonto Dikeh’s Ex Rain’s Prayer for his Son on Father’s Day
- Actress, Chika Ike now in Kenya on another Vacation
- Actor, Chuks Omalicha Begins Honey Moon after Carnival Wedding
- Yoruba Actor, Itele Celebrates End of Ramadan with New Toyota Camry