Nollywood At Large | 18 December 2017 11:30 CET

Yoruba Actress, Funke Adesiyan Dumps PDP for APC

Nollywood actress, Funke Adesiyan, has proven that politics is not over for her after she joined the People’s Democratic Party PDP, to run for the Oyo State House of Assembly to represent Ibadan South East Constituency II and I in 2015.

The actress did not go far as she eventually stepped aside due to unforeseen circumstances. Well, after serious thing and planning, the actress has decided to join the winning party which is the All Progressive Congress APC.

Explaining why she joined politics she stated that it was borne out of her passion and desire to touch people's lives positively.

Funke added that since she could not move further with her positive ambition in 2015, she belives it is time for her to give it a shot which is why she has decided to join the APC.

According to her, “My journey into politics was borne out of my passion and desire to touch people's lives positively. Having realised that there was little I could achieve in my private capacity, I decided to put myself in the political landscape of the country. That resolve has never changed. My mission has always been to make life easy for the man next door. While that could not be achieved on a different platform in #2015 due to factors that would not be necessary to delve into at this time; it is my joy to announce today that I am joining the #progressives with the same resolve. My commitment and loyalty to whatever or whoever I believe in is unwavering, unflagging and unflinching. I assure my people of my unalloyed commitment to a life more abundant. This can only be achieved by working side by side with individuals who are also driven by the same passion to achieve an egalitarian society.”

1 hour ago
Singer cum businessman, Eldee The Don, is currently bereaved as he has just lost his mother who passed on some days back. The singer has been on a low key for a while but was able to brace up as a man to announce the demise of his mother. Frien
1 hour ago
Nollywood actor cum producer and C.E.O of Owolabi Films, Owolabi Ajasa, has proven that age is not a barrier for those that still wants to go to school. The actor got many talking when he shared photo of himself in camp with other youths who are c
Burna Boy thrilled a select few press and media, his close friends and family to an exclusive first listen of his forthcoming album “Outside” in a private listening party at WéRé House in Lekki, Lagos. The album is set to be
Sometimes history presents an anomaly; like a giant that crawls on its knees instead of stand on its feet. When a country destined naturally for greatness wallows in insolvency as a result of greed and self-aggrandizement. When a nation comes to a po
One of Nigeria’s top comedian, Jephthah Akpororo, is not just living a life of celebrity but he has been able to use his status to try in impacting lives in his community. The comedian does not just entertain top individuals in the society w