My Dad Never Wanted Me To Be A Singer -Tiwa Savage
Nigerian singer, Tiwa Savage has narrated how she told her parents about her plans of becoming a musician.
The Mavin Records’ first lady was recently featured in New York's Vibe Magazine, where she spoke about her love for music, how it all started and why her Roc Nation deal is a huge blessing.
She said during the interview, “When I did tell my parents that I wanted to do music, my dad thought that I just wanted to sing in the choir.
“I told him I wanted to be a musician and initially he wasn't really for it, so he told me to go to school and study in either business, engineering or be a doctor or a lawyer.”
She however obliged and agreed to earn a degree in Business Administration from Kent University. But after she graduated, that itch for music was still there.
“I wanted to do music and he said that I have to go and study music. I'm glad he did because I ended up going to the Berklee College Of Music and I studied jazz and music business. It really comes in handy when I have to look at music contracts,” says Tiwa Savage.
- Face of Nigeria 2020/2021 winner, Vivian Okpala re
- I want to setup an internationally recognised fash
- Miss Apex Queen Nigeria world 2020, Ene John unvei
- Dr. KevinChukwumobi, APAMS boss celebrates 50th bi
- Freshbydotun unveils 2021 New Year Collection “For
- Check out Face of Candycity Culture Joy Oghenetega
- Faith Ajayi The Melanin Queen Nigeria stuns in new
- BBNaija Lockdown, others emerge most-watched TV sh
- Julian Marley, Master KG and other stars set for A
- 5 Trends to Follow in 2021 to Boost your Beauty Bu