Lola Alao Actress Slams Critics Who Have A Problem With Her Religion
The actress revealed that she was raised a Muslim, but became a Christian because it was the religion which her mother practice.
Nollywood actress, Lola Alao, has slammed some critics who trolled her for converting from Christianity to Islam.
According to Alao, who spoke in an interview with Punch News’ Saturday Beats, she has seen various comments attacking her for becoming a Muslim.
She revealed that she came from an Islamic background, and couldn’t quite understand why there has been so much fuss about her recent decision.
“I don’t know what the hullabaloo is all about. I am from a Muslim background. My father was a Muslim. My grandfather was Muslim. My father was Lasisi Alao.”
“There is no big deal in this. The religion is not new to me. I chose to follow my mother before; and now I decide to go back to Islam, is there a problem?
“Fathia Balogun was a Christian but she changed. Bukky Wright was also a Christian and she changed to Islam and nobody has tried to crucify them.”
“How come my own is different? I have not rested. I cannot sleep again. People are saying different things since they heard the news.”
It was alleged that the actress changed her religion in order to get married to a rich suitor, Punch News reports.
She has however stated that she does not care about the rumours that are being spread about her. Her critics can keep it at it for all she cares.
“I am happily married, I am not looking for a husband and my husband is even a Muslim. I was even a Christian before he married me.”
“Nobody forced me into this religion. Everything about me is usually people’s headache and they would just carry my matter on their head like gala (sausage)”, she said.
- I rejected small roles when I started my acting c
- Hollywood Prestigious Awards To Honour Dr. Michael
- Showmax drops spicy trailer for Basketmouth’s, Gha
- Burna Boy Shuts Down Los Angeles With His Space Dr
- Nollywood actress Queeneth Agbor surprised with lu
- Idia Aisien is Serving Supermodel Vibes in Polo Av
- Tessy Solomon The Melanin Queen Nigeria Photogenic
- Paschal Offor welcomes Jeriqthehussla to the Passy
- Zomoge Inspired drops debut collection for men tag
- Idia Aisien SLAYS on Red Carpet at ‘Bad Boys and B