Saidi Balogun Reveals Why Actresses Have Godfathers And Sugar Daddies
Saidi Balogun has made it known that poverty dines among the actors of the Yoruba sector of Nollywood, yet most of them are patronizing fake lifestyles to deceive their fans and blend with others.
He said, 'It is true there is poverty in the industry at the moment. So serious that people find it difficult to cope unless I want to be economical with the truth.'
He went on to say 'Movie industry is not what it used to be. Most of us can't charge professionally again. We just settle for whatever the producers are ready to offer.
Most of us producers are afraid of investing in movies now because of pirates who are always waiting to reap where they didn't sow.
He explained the way forward 'We just want the Federal Government to come up with a strong anti-piracy law so that those criminals will not send us out of the industry.
Equally, we all need to speak in one voice, have a common umbrella. Let's all the associations come to one body so that we can fight and conquer the menace,' Balogun added.
He confessed 'They're not sure of making anything out of their efforts. That's why you see many actresses who have godfathers, sugar daddies opening up different businesses, and whenever location calls, they honour the call. But the situation is not the same with men. You just have to overwork yourself to survive. We live fake lifestyles now,' he quipped.
- Pere doesn’t stand a chance with Maria outside BBN
- Goz Captures Nigeria’s Vat Crisis With Dangerously
- Sensational gospel singer, Ese Bliss Biography and
- New Music: Stonebwoy Teams Up With Amapiano Croone
- ‘BBNaija house has broken and restored my faith’ -
- Chidi Nwaogu listed by YNaija among Most Powerful
- REVIEW: KOB sequel reflects Nigeria’s politics and
- ALBUM REVIEW: Omawumi addresses societal ills in ‘
- The first time I smoked ,I coughed, everyone laugh
- Watch the words you use in your songs — Yvonne Nel