I Got Married Because I Was Pregnant…Iyabo Ojo
Nollywood actress, Iyabo Ojo, does not like talking about her past especially her love life which produced two children until recently when she felt she could let her fans know little about her.
Speaking about her failed marriage she cleared the air that she got married when she was not even a star as she only featured in one Nollywood movie as of the time.
The actress in interview with Hiptv, stated that there are lots of things that lead to failed marriages as it is not peculiar to celebrities but for her case, her husband married her because she was pregnant for him.
'If I had problems with my marriage, it had nothing to do with my acting profession. I wasn't even a star when I got married and when I got out of my marriage, I still wasn't a star. Up until I got married, I'd only featured in one film and I pulled out of the industry the moment I got married. I was a full-time housewife and businesswoman. I actually chose to come back into acting because I had started having issues with my marriage and knew it wasn't making me happy.
'And I knew that wasn't the way I wanted to live my life. People tend to marry for specific reasons, and as far as I am concerned, you mustn't be able to define the reason you love someone to the extent of marriage. Once you get married for a reason, then there is a problem. I got married because I was pregnant. That was a reason.
'My husband married me because I was pregnant for him; that was also a reason. Most men get married to ladies in the industry because of the celebrity aura around them, only to realize that there is a lot to marriage than that.
'They also discover that in reality, these ladies aren't as perfect as the screens project them and then the men cannot get used to the ego that comes with the profession and typically want to be the man and break those wings. And if the woman is such that wouldn't be tamed, then there is a crisis and a collision.'
- Raunchy, Sassy, Daring - Nigerian Rapper, Nappy Gi
- Miss Vivian Okpala crowned The New Face Of Nigeria
- Jessy emerges winner of ‘Help the Hard Worker’ Awa
- Rashida Bello Expensively Stormed Dubai For Weight
- Nigeria Entrepreneur and Philanthropist Chief Ndui
- Pastor Dickson Of Wealthy Nations Ministry Weds Mi
- Nigeria- International Beauty, Entrepreneur and Su
- Bold. Beautiful. Daring. It's Shaffy Bello in All
- First Of It's Kind Nigeria Made "TAT Fragrance" La
- 24 Years UNN Undergraduate Chioma Patyline Emerges