Diezani gets bail in UK, passport seized
Former Nigeria Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke has been released on bail after she was arrested on allegations of money laundering in the United Kingdom on Friday.
Diezani who was arrested by the United Kingdom National Crime Agency will now report at Charing Cross Police Station on Monday after her passport was confiscated.
She was granted bail after operatives of Nigeria's anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) searched her home in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria's capital on Friday.
It is understood that the Seizure Organised Crime Agency within the National Crimes Agency of the UK arrested Alison-Madueke and are probing the allegations against her.
Diezani, 55, was Nigeria's first female oil minister and was believed to have exercised too much power in violation of the limits of her office.
- Ex Beauty Queen & Singer April Chidinma Dazzles In
- MUKHY TAKES US ON A CRUISE IN NEW VIDEO OF DEBUT S
- Ibrahim Suleiman And Linda Ejiofor Share Their Lov
- President Buhari reappoints Chidia Maduekwe to hea
- Falz, Praiz, Timaya, Others Grace The Willis Give
- Face of Nigeria 2020/2021 winner, Vivian Okpala re
- I want to setup an internationally recognised fash
- Miss Apex Queen Nigeria world 2020, Ene John unvei
- Dr. KevinChukwumobi, APAMS boss celebrates 50th bi
- Freshbydotun unveils 2021 New Year Collection “For