Buhari, Saraki Smile At Each Other During Independence Celebration (Pictures)
There have been speculations that President Muhammadu Buhari has not given the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, much room to entertain much closeness with him.
This came after Saraki went against his All Progressive Congress (APC)'s plan to give the Senate Presidency seat to another candidate.
It took long for the party to recognise Saraki after fears that if issues were not handled well, they could lose it to the opposition, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Buhari had before then asked the lawmakers involved to respect the party's decision on the zoning of National Assembly positions.
But on Nigeria's Independence Day celebration in Abuja on Thursday, October 1, 2015, President Buhari and Saraki smiled at each other, which gave a strong signal that all is now well between the two.
This came barely 24 hours after the President sent his ministerial list to the Senate President for confirmation.
It would be recalled that during his speech today, Buhari maintained that, “As I said in my inaugural speech, I bear no ill will against anyone on past events.
"Nobody should fear anything from me. We are not after anyone. People should only fear the consequences of their actions. I hereby invite everyone, whatever his or her political view to join me in working for the nation.”
- Actress Lala Akindoju Fires Actors’ Guild Nigeria
- Zynnell Zuh Talks Fashion And Style
- Fashion Mogul U&A Release Pictures Dubbed “Afro El
- My Body Attracts Female Fans – Nigerian Stunt Acto
- Teni: Humanity Over "The Industry"
- Kensah unveils two hot Afobeat songs 'Gum Body' an
- Imaatu drops New Campaign Inspired by Social Dista
- Lvin Red stays no.1 on Apple Music Alternative cha