I'm An Ajebutter Which is Why I Don't Act More Yoruba Movies… Hakeem Rahman
Veteran Nollywood actor, Hakeem Rahman, has revealed that the reason why he is seem more in the English movies more than the Yoruba is because of his background.
The actor in a popular TV interview programme, 'Your View,' monitored by Nollywoodgists.com, stated that all through his growing days, he attended a private school which had foreigners as teachers in the school and as such, he was not that fluent in his spoken Yoruba.
He explained that not that he does not speak the Yoruba language but it took him time to be able to speak the language the way it should be.
Raheem stressed that though having a good upbringing should not be an excuse, but its effect was what made him feature more in the English movies than the Yoruba movies.
According to him, “I'm come from the ajebutter background where I had to attend Coroner private school and then we had White teachers all through. Not that I have not acted Yoruba movies, but I have done more English movies than the Yoruba ones. It actually took me time to be able to speak my Yoruba fluently.”
- Mercy Johnson's Husband Reacts After Many A-list A
- Prince Kayode Akiolu: Lawmaker representing Lagos
- Antarctica Expedition: Nigerians Storm Abuja Inter
- Africa's Biggest TV Program Host Prince Ned Nwoko
- Femi Adesina Decorated As Ambassador Of Rape- Sex
- US Born Beauty Queen, Krystal Okeke Displays Fulan
- Ned Nwoko, Wife Regina Daniels Meet Famous US TV P
- Malaria-free Africa campaign in Antarctica to draw