Politicians Never Believed in Me and Saw Me as Just an Actress…Kate Henshaw
Nollywood actress cum politician, Kate Henshaw, in a recent interview has disclosed that going into politics did not seem well with many elders in her state as they never had hope in her.
The actress, who spoke to South Africa's ELLE magazine, noted that while having meetings with some elders she was being perceived as just an actress who never understood what politics was all about.
In her words, “Once, while meeting some elders during consultations, I was viewed as too young to attempt politics, and one of the men wondered aloud if they would be able to sit with me in the evenings and jaw-jaw (like when men go to the pub and talk about different things). I was also viewed as just an actress, with no real understandings of politics. Sadly, we're still living in a patriarchal society.”
Kate is currently getting set for the 'My Nigeria' project which is said to be a six and a half-hour documentary as it is set to detail and document the pulse and energy of one of Africa's most populous countries, Nigeria.
- Olamide Unveiled As Goldberg Brand Ambassador
- Photographer Ayo Alasi releases pre-wedding photos
- DJ Cuppy releases Abena Ft. Kwesi Arthur, Shaydee
- Stunning pre wedding shoot of ex Nigerian beauty Q
- Heineken's Lush Lagos Party Wraps Up UEFA Champion
- Tiwa Savage, 2baba and others Join Football Legend
- Burna Boy Announces Title And Release Date For New
- 7 super stylish ex-BBNaija housemates