Meet Lupita Nyong’o The Elephant Girl (photos)
Beautiful award-winning Kenyan actress, Lupita Nyong'o, is currently back home to her country, Kenya during the week for the first time since winning an Oscar in 2014 for her role in “12 Years a Slave.” The first African to ever win the coveted award.
Being the first trip back home since Lupita rocketed to A-List status in the American movie industry, the heart of the trip back home is to save wild animals as she has been named a 'Global Elephant Ambassador.'
Her warmly-received homecoming has been boosted by her announcement that she would use her star power to fight elephant poaching, joining conservation organization WildAid as their new Global Elephant Ambassador.
“Elephants are one of our big five. We have their image on our money. I know this is something that is great source of pride for Kenya. This is global heritage, but it's in our care,” she told BBC in a television interview.
To kick off her new gig, Nyong'o embarked on her own media campaign, donning safari attire and visiting Amboseli National Park–known for its iconic view of elephants back dropped against Tanzania's Mt. Kilimanjaro–and the perennial tourist favorite, David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, a home for orphaned elephants on the outskirts of Nairobi.
Click And Read More From Newstrack.ng
- Some more: Nigerian singer MC Wallywa's song debut
- Idia Aisien is Blanck Magazine’s Cover Star: Talks
- 'Eyimofe’: Twin Directors’ impressive Feature Debu
- Lydia Forson, Zynnel Zuh & Naa Ashorkor struggle w
- Ria Kosher Drops New Collection Tagged 'Loud Silen
- Censors Board, filmmakers harp on effective imple
- Iyo: Diamond Platnumz uniting Africa with new song
- Nkechi Blessing Unveiled As Titan Farms Brand Amba
- Watch Multiple Award-winning Artiste Burna Boy In
- Nigerian Idol: How to Discover A Nigerian Star