LASU students stage protest at Fashola's office over closure of institution
Students of the Lagos State University, Ojo, on Thursday staged a protest at the office of Governor Babatunde Fashola in Ikeja over the failure to reopen the institution after it was closed for the general elections.
No fewer than 200 protesters chanted songs and carried placards condemning the closure during the protest.
Security details at the governor's office had a hectic time controlling some of the students who danced round the entrance, ventilating their anger at the situation.
A few others were seen inside the no fewer than six buses they had brought, lamenting their pains over the situation.
President of the university's Students' Union, Wasiu Adeyemi, who led the protest, said the continued closure of the institution three weeks after the elections was indefensible.
"We are here to show our dismay and displeasure about the situation at the Lagos State University.
“On March 16, the management of the university closed the institution for an election recess because they believed there was going to be a post-election crisis.
"But disappointingly, three weeks after the election, the management is yet to open the institution for normal activities.
"The election is over and there is no crisis, so why should we continue to remain at home when General Muhammed Buhari who won the election is not on recess.
"We tried our best to reach the management to call the commissioner and the special adviser on education to do something about the situation. We wrote them several times but up till now nothing has been done.
"The situation is not acceptable to us and that is why we have resorted to this protest," he said.
- Meet The Nigerian Pastor Who Predicted Laycon Winn
- Chinwe Chibuike Foundation Set To Flag-off Full Sc
- Afro-pop Artiste, Olakira Releases Peppy 'maserati
- Yomi Casual taps Seyi Awolowo for New Campaign
- My mother packed sand to send me to school: 'Nolly
- Glory Okono Wins "face Of Ibom Nollywood" Contest
- Miss Kessy Isong Emerge Queen Of Aso Tourism, Set
- Tems Releases Highly Anticipated Debut Ep "for Bro
- Töme Offers 3-Pack Single “I Pray” with a Sean Kin
- Damilare, Christiana now millionaires as they emer