How Police Inspired Me To Sing ‘Dami Duro’—Davido
In 2011, the 'Omo Baba Olowo' crooner dropped a single titled 'Dami Duro' and instantly, it became a hit and also like a National Anthem.
Even though he was then launching his presence into the music industry in Nigeria, the song made many artistes in the industry to sit tight and since then, Davido has been on fire, releasing more hit songs and grabbing the best awards in Africa.
But at an event held recently in Lagos, the singer revealed what inspired the 'Dami Duro' smash hit song.
He narrated that his personal experience with officers of the Nigeria Police Force brought about the song.
In his words, “The day I made 'Dami Duro', I had just come out from the police station. Most of all the songs I do are from the things that happened to me and inspired me in the society."
Davido is set to drop another album in June 2015 which would include songs like, 'Skelewu', 'Aye', 'Owo Ni Koko' among others. His last album was released three years ago in Lagos.
- US-based Nigerian media executive Akeju proposes t
- Singer Big Very Releases New Love Ballad “rhumba Y
- “I want Nigerians To Know Stripping Does Not Make
- MohBad's Management Vows To Continue Fight To Retr
- Just In: Popular Nigerian-Young Singer, Mohbad Die
- The American Film Awards set to hold this Septembe
- Amerado Releases His Viral Tiktok Song 'kwaku Anan
- Kawangware Kings Music Empire Unveils Emotionally
- Ex-Beauty Queen Onuora Amaka shares stunning photo
- Remy Baggins And Ykb Team Up For New Single “fire