Why I Don’t Feature In English Movies—Laide Bakare
Nollywood actress, Laide Bakari is not a new name in the make-belief industry as she has become a household name in the showbiz industry in Nigeria, especially among ardent followers of the Yoruba film industry.
The actress, speaking recently on why she is not seen in English speaking movies, stated that most producers in the core Nollywood do not call her, but those in the Yoruba genre.
She explained she has been more successful in the Yoruba movie industry because the producers like her more in that sector even though she has featured in some English soap operas.
“I feature in English soap operas and I have even produced one of my own. The reason I feature more in Yoruba movies is because the producers tend to like me more. However, if people from other genres of Nollywood call me, I won't hesitate to answer their call,” she explained to Newswatch.
- Adonko Bitters unveils Jim Iyke, Uti Nwachukwu, Vi
- US Based Nigerian Model Rocks 6ft Long Wig
- Ace artistes Smith Nnebe, Funny Bruno sign managem
- Nigerian Model, Onyinye Ikechukwu Unveils African
- Big Brother's Mike Edwards & Wife Perri On Glam Af
- Mercy Johnson’s The Legend of Inikpi becomes Nolly
- A Standing Ovation As Mercy Johnson Holds Star-stu
- US Based Philanthropist, Chinwe Chibuike Marks Bir