I Left Danfo Drivers to Avoid Trouble...Singer, Dr. Alban
Nigerian-born Swedish musician, Alban Nwapa better known as Dr. Alban who made waves in the late 90s in Nigeria before moving back to his base in Sweden, has disclosed that he is happy that he has been able to achieve most of his desires.
On why he has long been absent from the music scene, the singer divulged to Punch that he has been busy doing other things outside the usual routine.
“I was busy collaborating with different artistes from Russia, Germany, Hungary and a few Arab countries. Also, I have been involved in a lot of productions, doing a bit of song writing and stuff like that. I had to take a break from the usual routine to do other things,” Alban said.
Despite his huge success with other foreign artistes, the singer explained that doing collaborations is not easy as he cannot be the one to be begging for collabos rather the artistes should be the one one coming for him.
He recalled his sad moments with wave making group in Nigeria during the early 2000s, Danfo Drivers, where he had done music with them and till date has not seen the music anywhere near the market.
According to him, “I did one with the Danfo Drivers some years ago. But where is the result? Instead of moving forward, they were busy fighting each other. They haven't been able to release the song because of this. Anytime I listen to that track, I wonder what went wrong. Even Charly Boy told me he saw those boys and asked them why they did not release the track. They said I was the one that was delaying it.
“I stopped working with them because their manager threatened to institute a court action against me. He said we could not release the song because he was their manager. I had to back out because I didn't want any trouble,” he says.
- Elites Fans Celebrate As Erica Nlewedim Bags Doubl
- Funmi Iyanda Discusses The Police's Reaction To Ra
- Star Radler Relaunches with a Refreshed New Look A
- LOOKBOOK: The Timeless Collection By Lucky Enemuo
- Moh outdoors new visuals for single ‘High Me’
- HERTUNBA debuts The ACTION LADY Collection
- Stunning photos of Queen Joy Ebhodaghe, Nigeria's
- ACTRESS AND MODEL, LINDA OSIFO SPEAKS ON HER APPE
- Nigerian born US-based Afrobeats Artist/ Model “Mu
- Signore Fusion Season 2 by Vanskere