Naomi Campbell has some thoughts on people who got famous on Instagram
Quite a number of people have become quite famous via social media, with no talent, no skill, not even a sex tape...:-). In the olden days, it took a lot for you to be famous, to be called a supermodel.
You must put a lot of hard work and years in the business, then there's talent, beauty and personality. But not these days, not with the advent of social media. All you need is a lot of following and you're one of the 'Instagirls' - a term addressed on the September issue of Vogue starring 9 supermodels with millions of followers. Speaking about the new phenomenon on the The Meredith Viera Show this week, Naomi Campbell, who's been in the business for nearly 30 years, said;
"It's amazing. I mean, good luck to them. I just feel my generation of women, like Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, Claudia Schiffer, we had to earn our stripes and take our stepping stones to get to where we have gotten, to accomplish what we have achieved to this date. I kind of feel like, 'My God, we've worked so hard and we are still working at it, then it just comes like that for them.' But I sometimes believe easy come, easy go. So I am actually grateful for the way I had my career. I wouldn't want it any other way."
- Olamide Unveiled As Goldberg Brand Ambassador
- Photographer Ayo Alasi releases pre-wedding photos
- DJ Cuppy releases Abena Ft. Kwesi Arthur, Shaydee
- Stunning pre wedding shoot of ex Nigerian beauty Q
- Heineken's Lush Lagos Party Wraps Up UEFA Champion
- Tiwa Savage, 2baba and others Join Football Legend
- Burna Boy Announces Title And Release Date For New
- 7 super stylish ex-BBNaija housemates