Man Hits 10-Year Old Daughter To Death
What would make any sane man hit his 10 years old daughter to death? Was he under a spell or what? These are what a Chief Magistrates' Court in Lagos is still trying to unravel as it remanded a 33-year-old man, William Ime, who allegedly murdered his 10-year-old daughter, in prison.
The Magistrate, Mrs. Yewande Aje-Afunwa, who ruled over the matter, said the accused should remain behind bars pending advice from the State Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
Aje-Afunwa said case file should be duplicated and forwarded to the DPP promptly.
The accused, who lives at Oko Ado Village, Ajah, on Lagos-Epe Expressway, is facing a charge of murder.
Earlier, the prosecutor, ASP Godwin Anyanwu, told the court that Ime committed the offence on June 29 at his residence.
He said the accused had out of provocation hit his daughter, Janet, with his hand several times and inflicted fatal internal injuries on her.
According to him, the child died from the injuries she sustained. "He hit her several times and she was confirmed dead from internal injuries. The accused was arrested following a complaint by members of his family and eyewitnesses,” the prosecutor told the court.
Anyanwu said the offence contravened Section 221 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
However, the case has been adjourned to November 14, 2014 for further hearing.
© 2014 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Jorley Hitmaker Rebel, Honored With Expensive Cuba
- Ini Edo Explains Why She had Her Daughter Through
- Gyakie is the most streamed female Ghanaian artist
- 7figure Group unveil brands, poise to strengthen b
- Experience Silk Lace And Tulle In A Different Way
- Iba One, Wizkid, Nikita Kering, Flavour, Blaq Diam
- Firechriz - For your matter
- Cent Brown launches first fashion collection for m
- Esther Gabriel, Nigeria's Rep at 2021 Miss Globe r
- Fanzy Papaya ft Umu Obiligbo - Goal Goal