Your Jet Was Registered For Evangelism Not For Moving Money—Falana Tells Oritsejafor
Top human rights activist, Femi Falana has disclosed that the private jet of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) president, Ayo Oritsejafor which was recently reported to have been used to move about $9.3 billion to South Africa, was registered for evangelism and not for money laundering.
The respected lawyer, in a statement released on Monday, lamented that, “In recent time, some of our pastors have been indicted in the United Kingdom for investing church funds in business in violation of the Charity Act.“
He said further in the statement that, “A jet registered for the facilitation of evangelism cannot be leased to another company for commercial purposes as churches are registered under part C of the Company and Allied Matters Act (CAMA) as non-profit making organizations.”
“If Pastor Oritsejafor is lucky that he is not prosecuted for breaching the CAMA, he owes Nigerians a public apology. The CAN leadership cannot afford to engage in attacking its political opponents in a matter pertaining to the breach of the law,” he submitted.
“Having not learnt any lesson from the disgraceful case of Chief James Ibori, the federal government is currently embroiled in an unnecessary controversy with South Africa over the arrest of two Nigerians and an Israeli for smuggling the sum of $9.3 million into that country.
“The three suspects are alleged to have contravened the provisions of Section 30 of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act NO 38 of 2001 of South Africa which stipulates that a person intending to convey an amount of cash in excess of the prescribed sum of $10,000.00 to or from South Africa must report the prescribed particulars concerning that conveyance to a person authorized by the minister for this purpose,” Falana said.
Click the link below to go to...
- The Most Amazing Man I Have Ever Met – Lady In D-B
- Nollywood Actress Louisa Nwobodo Reported Dead
- Fella Makafui Shows Off The Beautiful Room Of Her
- Copyright Issues: Jay Q Orders Nigeria’s Selebobo
- Cardi B Files For Divorce
- Adrienne Nicole Addresses Sextape Involving D Blac
- Nigeria Comedian MC Tagwaye Receives Honourary Doc
- National Peace Award Director, Dr. Suleiman Adejoh
- Chicago Kids Multicultural Show Holds In Style, Ac
- MBGA Pageant Manager, Queen Salina Releases Tempti