Patience Jonathan Steps Into Nollywood, Calls For Partnership With Bollywood
Nigeria's First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, has said partnership between the movie industries in Nigeria and India would boost both countries' economies.
According to her, the turnover of the industry in terms of wealth creation and revenue generation is huge as both countries have population advantage.
“We look forward to the possibility of stakeholders in the film industries from Bollywood and Nollywood engaging in partnerships or exchanging programmes that will yield mutual benefits and promote better understanding between our two countries,'' Mama Peace, as the First Lady wishes to be addressed, said.
Mrs Jonathan said this at the opening ceremony of the first Indian Film Festival in Nigeria and the commemoration of Bollywood, the Indian film industry at 100.
She urged the two industries to form partnership, in order to bring the desired dividends to the people.
Earlier, the Indian High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr Ar Ghanashyam, expressed the wish that Nollywood would hold a similar festival in India.
''I'd like a Nigerian film festival to take place in India; I will discuss it with my counterpart and I recommend the showing of 'Half of a Yellow Sun' by Chimamanda Adichie, that is my dream.''
© 2014 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Mohbad: Naira Marley Surrenders Self, Says He's Re
- The Dotun Adesua Symposium Paves Way for Nigeria's
- Popular Nollywood Actor, Suara Is Dead
- Mohbad Was Brought In Dead To Our Facility — Lagos
- US-based Nigerian media executive Akeju proposes t
- Singer Big Very Releases New Love Ballad “rhumba Y
- “I want Nigerians To Know Stripping Does Not Make
- MohBad's Management Vows To Continue Fight To Retr
- Just In: Popular Nigerian-Young Singer, Mohbad Die
- The American Film Awards set to hold this Septembe