People Living in Lagos Could be Fined N50,000 & be Imprisoned for 6 Months for Smoking in Public!
Where there is Law, they should be strictly adhered to, On February 17th, 2014, Lagos State Governor,Babatunde Raji Fasholasigned the “No Smoking in Public Places” bill into law to regulate smoking in public places. However, a lack of understanding of the law, has led to many Lagosians being exploited. But now, you can learn all about the law here!
Although the bill was signed into law in February, it only becomes effective on August 17th, 2014. Therefore, it is illegal for any official to enforce the law prior to this date. Also, the law will be enforced by theLagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA);therefore, it can not be enforced by just any official.
In addition, here is some pertinent information you should know:
*.Any person found guilty of breaking the law will be liable to a fine of between N10,000 – N15,000, or to imprisonment for between 1-3 months, or other non-custodial punishment at the discretion of the Judge
*.Anyone who repeatedly breaks this law will be liable to a fine of N50,000 or 6 months imprisonment or both
For Business Owners
Any owner or person in charge of a “No-Smoking Area” who fails to put up “No-Smoking” signs on his/her premises, install smoke detectors, and/or stop anybody from smoking in the area is liable to:
*.Pay a N100,000 fine or be imprisoned for 6 months, or both
*.Breaking the law may result in the business property being sealed by the government
© 2014 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Ex Beauty Queen & Singer April Chidinma Dazzles In
- MUKHY TAKES US ON A CRUISE IN NEW VIDEO OF DEBUT S
- Ibrahim Suleiman And Linda Ejiofor Share Their Lov
- President Buhari reappoints Chidia Maduekwe to hea
- Falz, Praiz, Timaya, Others Grace The Willis Give
- Face of Nigeria 2020/2021 winner, Vivian Okpala re
- I want to setup an internationally recognised fash
- Miss Apex Queen Nigeria world 2020, Ene John unvei
- Dr. KevinChukwumobi, APAMS boss celebrates 50th bi
- Freshbydotun unveils 2021 New Year Collection “For