President Jonathan, First Lady Meet Pope [Pictures]
President Goodluck Jonathan, on Sunday, visited the Vatican to see Pope Francis I. The nation's number one citizen was with the Pope alongside the First Lady, Patience Jonathan.
During the courtesy visit, the President reportedly spoke on inter-faith dialogue promotion in Nigeria and other parts of the world to foster greater global peace and security, a cause to which the Pontiff was very committed to.
Speaking with journalists after his private meeting with Pope Francis, Jonathan said that his administration was already working in close collaboration with Cardinal John Onaiyekan, who was the team leader to the Pope, for the effort to strengthen inter-faith dialogue in Nigeria. He disclosed that his government will continue to show comitment to the promotion of religious harmony and the peaceful co-existence of people of all faiths
“I don't need to be a lion, King Nebuchadnezzar, operate like the Pharoah of Egypt or an army general, but I can transform this country without those traits. My pray every time, is for God to use me to change this country. For the Goliaths of Nigeria that does not want Nigeria to move an inch , We will conquer them," he stated.
© 2014 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Search Begins for Miss Globe Queen Beauty Pageant
- Dubai Witnessed Its First-ever Coronation Pageant
- Scott C. Eneje New Press Release Titled "How To Fa
- Lamboginny Releases ‘Kirikiri Don Full’ Music Vide
- Tochukwu Karen Obiwulu Celebrates Birthday with Be
- Let’s Work for Peace in Nigeria: Violence Erodes o
- Most Beautiful Melanin Girl in Nigeria World Anita
- Check out Most Beautiful Melanin Girl In Nigeria W