President Jonathan, First Lady Meet Pope [Pictures]
President Goodluck Jonathan, on Sunday, visited the Vatican to see Pope Francis I. The nation's number one citizen was with the Pope alongside the First Lady, Patience Jonathan.
During the courtesy visit, the President reportedly spoke on inter-faith dialogue promotion in Nigeria and other parts of the world to foster greater global peace and security, a cause to which the Pontiff was very committed to.
Speaking with journalists after his private meeting with Pope Francis, Jonathan said that his administration was already working in close collaboration with Cardinal John Onaiyekan, who was the team leader to the Pope, for the effort to strengthen inter-faith dialogue in Nigeria. He disclosed that his government will continue to show comitment to the promotion of religious harmony and the peaceful co-existence of people of all faiths
“I don't need to be a lion, King Nebuchadnezzar, operate like the Pharoah of Egypt or an army general, but I can transform this country without those traits. My pray every time, is for God to use me to change this country. For the Goliaths of Nigeria that does not want Nigeria to move an inch , We will conquer them," he stated.
© 2014 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Glam Africa Magazine Release Juliet Ibrahims Shoot
- Bon Déjeuner! Radio Lists 'Number One' By Yemi Ala
- Mother Theresa Alms Giving Foundation Lunches in S
- Nigerian Students Fashion and Design Week Announce
- Sony Music West Africa Welcomes Oluwaseun Lloyd Al
- Yemi Osinbajo’s GEEP Programme Awarded in Malabo,
- Mercy Johnson to launch new ‘Kitchen Talk Show’
- Peter Black joins the wave of men’s wear designers