Ibinabo Stops Tribute Nights Celebrations For Departed Veterans
The President of the Actors' Guild of Nigeria (AGN), Ibinabo Fiberesima has disclosed that the Guild will no longer hold Tribute Nights for the deceased actors or its dead veterans any longer. The former beauty queen revealed this while speaking with journalists in Lagos some weeks ago.
The Rivers State-born jewel stated further that it was becoming a habit in the industry to celebrate those who have put a lot into the movie industry and the entertainment industry generally after they must have gone to the world beyond, adding that she is not happy about such attitude.
Ibinabo stated this following the refusal of some members of the guild to key into her health scheme, which she promised to introduce during her inauguration in November 2012 at Club Rumour, Ikeja, Lagos.
“We are not doing Tribute Night anymore,” Ibinabo told newsmen. She stressed the need for actors to register for the health insurance scheme introduced by her through which they can get free treatments anywhere in Nigeria.
She urged members of AGN to support the scheme, while promising to do more to improve the welfare of AGN members.
Click the link below to go to...
- Face of Nigeria 2020/2021 winner, Vivian Okpala re
- I want to setup an internationally recognised fash
- Miss Apex Queen Nigeria world 2020, Ene John unvei
- Dr. KevinChukwumobi, APAMS boss celebrates 50th bi
- Freshbydotun unveils 2021 New Year Collection “For
- Check out Face of Candycity Culture Joy Oghenetega
- Faith Ajayi The Melanin Queen Nigeria stuns in new
- BBNaija Lockdown, others emerge most-watched TV sh
- Julian Marley, Master KG and other stars set for A
- 5 Trends to Follow in 2021 to Boost your Beauty Bu