I Take Indian Hemp To Relax and Cool Off-Seun Kuti
The other day Tonto Dikeh displayed a picture of indian hemp with on her timeline, virtually everybody lampooned her and called her all sorts of name.
What amazes Nollywoodgists.com is that Seun Kuti, the last born of the late Afrobeat legend, Fela Anikulapo Kuti recently admitted in an open interview that he takes 'Igbo' to cool off and relax and nobody is raising any highbrow about it.
Hear what he said, "The Indian hemp should not be abused. It is good for mankind. I take Igbo (Indian hemp), but not for performance. I take it to relax and cool off. It is ideal for good sleep, arouses appetite, used to treat cancer, relieves pains, clears the head and relaxes the nerves."
He also said about why the government frowns about Igbo as illegal, "Our government sees Igbo as illegal because it is a black man's inheritance and not from white people; maybe if it was from Europe like cigarette, it would have been legalised.
We are just fake people who don't believe in our own abilities, but only rely on anything from the West. If Oyinbo man says something is right, then it is right and if they say it is bad, then it is bad.
Our government should first provide me with the basic, social amenities before telling me to stop smoking Igbo because I take it to reduce the psychological frustration I get from government's inabilities. They are criticizing Igbo, but there are junkies are all Nigeria now sniffing cocaine and other hard drugs."
© 2013 Nollywoodgists.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Empire Hosts Inaugural Event Themed #empiresundown
- Infinity Ebere Ohakwe premiers Nollywood movie Ola
- I gave Kemi a hard time because I didn’t want to d
- Wendy Shay, other 4 African female artists to head
- Nigerian actor Abbey Abimbola bags Asia's achievem
- I need husband urgently – Eucharia Anunobi cries o
- Tonto Dikeh, Kemi Olunloyo Battle For Supremacy Ra
- 2face Idibia Visits Sound Sultan's Grave In The US
- Iheme Nancy laments Over Her Crashed investment
- Colleagues celebrates Ngozi Ezeonu as she turns 57