"Why We Changed Our Family Name From Ojukwu To Damasus " ----Nollywood Actress, Stella Damasus
“I'm from Delta State. I was born into a Christian family of five girls and a boy. I lost my brother in 1991 to asthma. I lived with my parents until I came to Lagos after my secondary school. I was living with my sister, got into music and that was when I went to Klink Studio, joined a band and started performing live. My daddy is a fantastic man. He is Chief SKC Damasus. He was a banker all his life. During the war he was a soldier and after the war he became a banker. My mum is a banker as well. I was brought up in a home of bankers. Everything was by the book. You go to school, come back, study, receive guests and the likes. Again, because I had older sisters things were easier. Growing up was fun.
My family name was changed from Ojukwu to Damasus during the Nigeria/Biafra civil war because we were being mistaken to be related to a warlord. I was told that my family name used to be Ojukwu but during the civil war there was confusion because a lot of my family members were mistaken to be related to one war lord. They were burning a lot of houses in my village so my father and his brother decided to adopt my grandfather's first name. It was a Greek name which was Damasus, my grandfather's name was Damasus Ojukwu. So I was born into Damasus not Ojukwu and the only thing I know about the civil war are the stories my parents told me.” - Stella Damasus
Click the link below to go to...
- Nigerian American music executive, Akeju features
- Flavour, Grammy-award winner Gordon Williams to he
- I have a very funny side - Joselyn Dumas
- Nigeria's Rep, Esther Gabriel shares stunning phot
- Superboy Cheque Thrills Audience To An Intimate Li
- James Johnson makes a comeback with new collection
- Interview: What AfroZons Dubai Soundoff is - Sheil
- I rejected small roles when I started my acting c
- Hollywood Prestigious Awards To Honour Dr. Michael
- Showmax drops spicy trailer for Basketmouth’s, Gha