Ex-Nigerian Basketballer, Chinedu Onyeku Shot Dead In Alleged US Burglary
Reports say that a former basketballer with the Nigerian national basketball team, D'Tigers, Chinedu Onyeku, was shot dead in a failed burglary in that happened in Texas, USA on November 21, 2012.
The 29 years old former player was alleged to have broken into a residence on Rio Grande street, Plano with another person, who is now being tracked by the police. Chinedu was said to have been shot death by their alleged house burglary victim.
The Nigeria Basketball Federation (NBF) has released a statement on the death of Chinedu, who played a role in Nigeria's qualification in the 2012 London Olympics but didn't make the team.
"[His] passion for playing with D'Tigers was deep-seated and he will be greatly missed. The federation joins his family and team mates to mourn a departed son, father, husband and great patriot," part of the reads.
It is still unclear if his remains will be flown to Nigeria for burial.
Click the link below to go to...
- Meet The New Miss Africa Great Britain Chinyanta K
- US-Based Nigerian Singer, Angelman Vows To Overtak
- ENDSARS: Africa Youth Leader Olakunle Churchill Ap
- Covering The #endsars London Protest - Burna Boy S
- Mmofra: Aflik TV launches African children animati
- #EndSARS: World Celebrities Show Solidarity With P
- "It Was A System Glitch"- Facebook Responds As Nao
- Deborah Rise Drops Music Video "We Have Won (Freed
- Nollywood Actress Ayo Adesanya Is Judge At Miss Af
- Hot Female Rapper Dedebah Drops Official Video Plu