3rd Mainland Bridge Repair: Lagos State Releases Traffic Diversion Plan
The Lagos State government has through its Commissioner of Transport, Kayode Opeifa, has released a Traffic Diversion Plan to follow during the repair of Third Mainland Bridge (TMB).
The repair of TMB starts today, Saturday, July 7, 2012. Borini Prono & Co (Nigeria) Ltd is handling the repair work on TMB, which is the longest bridge in Africa. The work is expected to end on November 6, 2012.
Here is the Diversion Plan Released
1. University of Lagos Waterfront (towards Lagos)
2. Oworonshoki Interchange (towards Lagos)
3. Adeniji Adele Interchange (towards Oworonshoki/Toll Gate)
Daily Diversion Periods;
A. 12 Midnight to 12 noon
1. Vehicles approaching from Oworonshoki and Ikeja/Toll gate/Ikorodu Road end of the Bridge will have unhindered access to the bridge towards Lagos Island.
2. Vehicles from the Lagos end to the bridge (from Obalende, Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Lekki, etc.) will be diverted from the Third Mainland Bridge at Adeniji Adele Interchange towards Carter Bridge to link Iddo interchange.
From Iddo to connect Ikeja, Ojota, Ketu, Ikorodu, Agege, Lagos Ibadan Expressway, Agege, Alimosho, Oshodi, Abule Egba etc. via;
a. Herbert Macaulay Road to Jibowu to Ikorodu Road and on....
b. Herbert Macaulay Road to Jibowu to Agege Motor Road to Oshodi and on....
c. Eko Bridge to Funsho Williams Avenue to Ikorodu Road and on....
d. Eko Bridge to Funsho Williams Avenue to Agege Motor Road to Oshodi and on....
e. Ijora to Apapa to Apapa Oshodi Express Way to Oshodi and on....
B. 12 noon to 12 Midnight
1. Vehicles approaching from Oworonshoki and Ikeja/Toll gate/Ikorodu Road end of the Bridge will be diverted at Oworonshoki Interchange.
Through the Oworonshoki Expressway to
a. Ikorodu Road (via Anthony interchange) to Funsho Williams Avenue to Eko Bridge and on...
b. Agege Motor Road (via Oshodi Interchange) to Moshalasi to Jibowu to Muritala Mohamed's way to Iddo and on...
c. Agege Motor Road (via Oshodi Interchange) to Moshalasi to Funsho Williams Avenue to Eko Bridge and on....
d. Apapa Oshodi Express road to Mile 2 and on........
2. Vehicles approaching from the Lagos Island end to the bridge (from Obalende, Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Lekki, etc.) will have unhindered access to use the Third Mainland bridge
Kayode Opeifa, Honourable Commissioner for Transport, Lagos State
- Some more: Nigerian singer MC Wallywa's song debut
- Idia Aisien is Blanck Magazine’s Cover Star: Talks
- 'Eyimofe’: Twin Directors’ impressive Feature Debu
- Lydia Forson, Zynnel Zuh & Naa Ashorkor struggle w
- Ria Kosher Drops New Collection Tagged 'Loud Silen
- Censors Board, filmmakers harp on effective imple
- Iyo: Diamond Platnumz uniting Africa with new song
- Nkechi Blessing Unveiled As Titan Farms Brand Amba
- Watch Multiple Award-winning Artiste Burna Boy In
- Nigerian Idol: How to Discover A Nigerian Star