Frank Idoho's Former Station, Metro 97.7 FM Celebrates 35 Years Anniversary
Africa's first FM radio station, Metro 97.7 FM on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 celebrated its 35 years of existence as a radio station in Nigeria.
The event was witnessed by veterans of the broadcasting profession in Nigeria. It also had the cutting of the anniversary cake by top management staff and others at the ceremony.
Metro 97.7 FM started as Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation in 1977. It later changed its name to Sunshine Station (under Radio Nigeria 2). This was followed by another name change to Metro 97.6 FM and finally to Metro 97.7 FM.
Frank Idoho of 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' also cut his teeth with Metro FM with his hit radio programme, 'Cruise Control'. Charles Anazodo, Godwin Enakhena and others are some of their top presenters.
- A Standing Ovation As Mercy Johnson Holds Star-stu
- US Based Philanthropist, Chinwe Chibuike Marks Bir
- Popular Comedian MC Amana Hosted To A Surprised Bi
- Unizik Fresher's Night Records Massive Turnout
- Censors Board destroys illicit films worth N50m in
- Accelerate Movie Night: Here’s All That Went Down
- RNB/Afro Singer Angel Twani To Commence Regional T
- Sharon Ose Face of Candycity USA perosnality 2018