Arsenal to play pre-season game in Nigeria.
Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that the first-team squad will travel to Nigeria this summer for a pre-season match in Abuja on Sunday, August 5.
In what will be the Gunners' first match on Nigerian soil, Arsène Wenger's side will play at the 60,000 capacity Abuja National Stadium. Arsenal's opposition will be confirmed soon and is likely to be a leading African national team.
The Club last visited Africa during a tour to South Africa in July 1993, and is returning as a result of the fantastic support which exists for the team, not only in Nigeria, but across the entire continent.
The visit to Nigeria will conclude an exciting pre-season tour schedule for Arsenal, who return to both China and Malaysia in July, following the success of last term's Asia Tour.
The Asia leg of the tour starts in Kuala Lumpur, when the team plays against a Malaysia XI on Tuesday, July 24. The Gunners then travel to China, to play against Manchester City in Beijing on Friday, July 27, followed by a trip to Hong Kong for a match against Kitchee FC on Sunday, July 29.
Further details regarding the match in Nigeria will feature on Arsenal.com as soon as they are confirmed.
Click the link below to go to...
- Ex Beauty Queen & Singer April Chidinma Dazzles In
- MUKHY TAKES US ON A CRUISE IN NEW VIDEO OF DEBUT S
- Ibrahim Suleiman And Linda Ejiofor Share Their Lov
- President Buhari reappoints Chidia Maduekwe to hea
- Falz, Praiz, Timaya, Others Grace The Willis Give
- Face of Nigeria 2020/2021 winner, Vivian Okpala re
- I want to setup an internationally recognised fash
- Miss Apex Queen Nigeria world 2020, Ene John unvei
- Dr. KevinChukwumobi, APAMS boss celebrates 50th bi
- Freshbydotun unveils 2021 New Year Collection “For