Music News | 9 September 2011 09:09 CET

HAS STYL-PLUS JOURNEY COME TO AN END?

Source: AKINNAGBE AKINTOMIDE/NIGERIAFILMS.COM

Has the once golden voices of Shifi, Zeal and Tunde the tag team that made up Styl-Plus come to the end of their career?

Reason for this question is that ever since they serenaded Nigerians with songs like Olufunmi, Runaway, and Call my Name amongst others where girls cried, guys lost their beau to them while the majority of us got hooked on to their songs like addicts on some psychotics drugs, all that was years ago as today they have not been able to re-enact that spark that once made them the hottest rave in the R'n'B Genre in Nigeria and indeed the whole of Africa.

These Abuja based entertainers who have refused to join the bandwagon of entertainers relocating to Lagos has not really had it good in recent times with their last two albums being seen as a big flop.

Their last work “Unbreakable” didn't bring about the desired impact it set out to achieve.

Send all your publications to editor@nollywoodgists.com
Dv Archi
9/9/2011 9:54:52 AM
I think you should have deemed it fitt to grant them interview, maybe they are still working on something not to come tell us your f**ken mind. bros e no easy o...
king_parhu
9/15/2011 8:33:41 AM
datz true,don't tell us sh*t abt watz in ur mind
west
10/6/2011 3:03:56 PM
Pls use ur head! U cannot tell him nt to speak his mind cos u knw he has the right to and besides he has a point these boys no longer deliver what they used to and they have not really stepped up over the years. So pls try to look through the eye of the speaker before u criticise.
serena
6/28/2012 9:40:49 AM
I agree with Akinnagbe. this article is crap, writen only to obtain clicks to your pathetic website. stop riding on the back of Styl-Plus you idots
lucabracee
9/9/2011 11:25:52 AM
i met two of them in london in 2006 and they were really humble and cool guys i even tried to hook them up with some girls.the problem they have is proper artiste management which is lacking in naija
they can obviously sing but they are not good businessmen which is affecting their career
their recording company should have hooked them up with strong collabos and put some singles out as awarenes done some media briefing secured a couple of shows for them but when they r doing everything on their own thats where the problem lies.
not every musician can be as businesslike as mo hits
oga
9/9/2011 3:20:20 PM
This is crap piece of journalism. These guys are serious artistes and businessmen. They are graduates, who use their heads and earn their living through their businesses. Reach these guys in Abuja and find out what they are up to instead of writing this crap which is only fitting for those your so called celebrities who are hyped and can't even sing or better still play an instrument.
Sixteen
9/9/2011 3:43:30 PM
See wetin yeye jornalist sit down and composed. You people are so s****d by letting my role model down. Who told you that there album was flop. Imagine you pple, can you compose one song. I no blame una
PURPLE, FROM GHANA.
9/9/2011 8:48:08 PM
STYL-PLUS REPRESENTS EVERYTHING GOOD IN THE WORLD.I LUV THEM SO MUCH.THOSE DISCOURAGING COMMENTS ABOUT THEM WONT HELP.SHIFI, ZEAL AND TUNDE ARE THE PRIDE OF AFRICA.I KNOW THEY WILL REALEASE AN ALBUM SOON, WHICH WILL BE A BLOW.JEHOVAH IS WITH THEM, AND HE WILL GUIDE AND BLESS THEM.
ubong utin
9/10/2011 12:16:47 AM
styplus is back with a hot new single featuring choc boy jess jagg,if you listern to the song you will know this dudes are back to numba one spot in RnB.
ubong utin
9/10/2011 12:17:26 AM
samsax02
9/10/2011 2:06:37 AM
just watch out for the new release of styl plus it going to be a bad one just relax.
Esther
9/10/2011 10:12:58 AM
I knw u can still do beta more dan others i luv u guys.i need tunde's fone no.07082920285
Dare
9/10/2011 2:51:36 PM
Dis dudes are just 1 of d best 2 av come out of naiga.I'm 1 of thier die hard fan.d only problem facing dem is a viable record label dat has d possibility of attracting talented home grown musicians.
Meemee
9/10/2011 5:00:21 PM
Esther tunde is married,luv u guys
chinny
9/15/2011 1:05:47 AM
I have always luvd them and i will always do...stay alive,call my name,hadiza,olufunmi and d list goes on..these are one of a kind songs..as far as RnB is concerned in naija ,dey are d best!!!
ifeanyi
9/16/2011 3:45:11 PM
i luv u guys.
Sherry
9/17/2011 3:52:48 PM
I was really confused, and this answered all my qusetoins.
Iamironboi
9/19/2011 12:44:48 PM
. . .plz name me anuda RnB artist whu culd diq it up lyk styl plus. .dose dudez ar hot jor. . .ion care bou dia waves ryt naw al i knw z dhey re da bomb. . .mayb dhei jzt nid a gud record label n promoter. . .i lov d track wid jesse jagz. .'on the dance floor' n 'ka fo lo'. . .madt tunes
Baba Tee
9/22/2011 5:55:36 PM
My guys are coming wit full force. jst wait and see.
MADAM
9/22/2011 11:51:46 PM
I AM DOING THIS POST BECAUSE I LIKE THE GROUP.
Kally Joe
5/14/2012 8:54:30 PM
...most Nigerians can't afford to miss style plus particularly me, an up coming R&B artiste. Their laid down steps, pattern and style has being guilding me. Well, since they are alive there is expectation from them soon or later. My recomdatn is dat d improvement of music industries should concern d Govt. Dat might b one of d hindrances.
Kally Joo (07032330073)
5/14/2012 9:11:30 PM
I had never said they are best R&B artiste but in my own account, no any other R&B artiste worth competing with style plus yet.
Rahul
8/20/2012 9:15:42 AM
Moi j'aime bien. Bon, ok la vide9o est nulle. Mais le titre est excellent en club. Au pasagse, bravo e0 ce blog que j'ai de9je0 "bookmarque9" dans mes favoris, je deviens accro e0 tous les dessous de ces tubes sample9s, repris, retravaille9s Meilleurs voeux pour 2007!
anti, from cameroon
11/2/2012 4:22:31 AM
i luv u guys so musch. I finally watched u on NTAI
u are awesome
God bless u all
crork service
9/3/2015 12:16:38 PM
h5keWw Thanks so much for the post.Thanks Again. Great.