Ifeanyi Dike Denies Getting Additional N2m From Fashola
Ailing thespian and Chairman, Board of Trustees (BOT) of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), Prince Ifeanyi Dike, who is currently in India for a kidney transplant, has denied getting an additional N2 million boost from Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola of Lagos State for his treatment.
Reacting to a report published by a newspaper over the weekend, Dike, who spoke with NollywoodReel on phone from India, said he is not aware of the development, although he acknowledged that Governor Fashola had donated the bulk of the money needed for his treatment.
“Well, I'm not aware if Governor Fashola has given another N2 million. He tried by donating the bulk of the fund needed for the transplant, but I'm unaware of this one you are referring to,” Dike said.
He, however, expressed appreciation to all his fans that have been supporting him with prayers since he was diagnosed with a kidney ailment.
He is expected to undergo a transplant soon and said he is overwhelmed by the massive support he got from Nigerians as he battles for life.
According to him, “even here in India, my fans still call and pray for me. Honestly, I must tell you that their prayers have inspired me a lot and by the grace of God, I will be back in Nigeria hail and hearty very soon.”
The Imo State-born thespian is yet to undergo the kidney transplant because his donor is yet to pass all the necessary tests carried out on him by a team of medical professionals in India. Dike said as soon as this is completed, the transplant will take place.
“But I still do the dialysis regularly and the doctors give me other treatments too. The good news is that doctors here are well equipped, so even if you have not done the transplant, you can still feel okay. Besides, it is cheaper to use the dialysis machine here than in Nigeria. Above all, I thank God and my fans for their moral, financial and spiritual support,” he said.
- “i Had A Court Case, And I Couldn’t Release Music
- “We are dealing with the issues of freedom of asso
- Davido's Manager, Isreal DMW, Breaks Up With Wife
- Nigerian-Inspired New Rock Opera 'Killin' Republic
- Fire Guts Popular Nigerian Singer’s House
- 28-year Old Nigerian Rapper Oladips Is Dead
- James Eze Drops Number 1, Featuring Elena Gaze
- Grammy Award Winner Angélique Kidjo to mark 40th c
- TNKAY Music Worldwide Vows To Ensure Justice For M
- “i Am Hurt That I Didn’t Get Congratulations From