Joy Isi bewaji, Jude Dibia, Igoni Barret, Others Form Writers’ Collective
The Jalaa Writers' Collective, consisting of 10 notable Nigerian writers will on Thursday, May 26, 2011 present themselves to the general public with a book launch, which will feature a set of newly released books by members of the collective.
The event, which will take place at Faculty of Arts Boardroom, University of Lagos, will showcase four books 'Pride of the Spider Clan' by Odili Ujubuonu; 'The Runaway Hero' by Uche Peter Umez; 'Roses and Bullets' by Akachi Adimora-Ezeigbo and 'Blackbird' by Jude Dibia.
Jalaa Writers' Collective was created in 2009 by 10 Nigeria-based writers who came together in an effort to tackle the book production and distribution challenges of the local publishing industry. The collective aims to engage 'the weaknesses of the industry by pooling the talent, resources and experience of its members in a systematic and profit-oriented manner'.
The writers are Adunni Adelakun, Igoni Barrett, Akachi Adimora-Ezeigbo, Joy Isi Bewaji, Jude Dibia, Odili Ujubuonu, Araceli Aipoh, Victoria Kankara, Ahmed Maiwada and Peter Umez.
- Seun Kuti: Tunde Ednut Is The Little Only Blogger
- Uche Maduagwu Declares Himself As A Transgender An
- Emotional Moment As Hilda Baci Is Caught Sobbing U
- D'Banj Wearing Crop Top Raises Suspicion About His
- Funke Akindele Responds To The Social Media Teache
- Ada Jesus Gets Herself A Multi-million Naira Mansi
- Bella Shmurda Holds Olamide Badoo Responsible For
- Seun Kuti: "The Prison Is Better Than Sitting in t
- “I fit still snatch your man beat you join and not
- Former Bbnaija Housemate is Dead After A Brief Ill