INI EDO BEGINS UN WORK IN EARNEST
April 23 will always be ever green in the mind of actress and UN Habitat Youth Envoy, Ini Edo and those who accompany her to Dustbin
Estate in Ajegunle Area of Lagos. The 'ever green' in the day has nothing to do with the fact that a day before was her birthday, it has nothing to do with the fact that she was discharged from hospital that morning, or the fact that her husband and team (comprising of management company, publicist and few family and friends) were with her.
No, it has everything to do with the fact that the day was the first day she would be carrying out her responsibility as Habitat Youth Envoy for United Nation. And the day her life literarily changed. 'I can't believe what am seeing, I find it hard to believe this kind of place exist in Nigeria. My perception of life has changed' she told media men on site.
Her visit to LOTS Foundation at Dustbin Estate coincided with her birthday hence the gifts packs, t-shirts, food and gift items to the
community leaders. But according to her publicist, Platform PR, the essence of the visit is not just birthday. 'Ini was appointed alongside two others (one Nollywood actor and one Bollywood actor) as ambassadors of the United Nation.
Her responsibilities according to UN is to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.
Speaking on this new role Ini said 'being named a Special Youth Envoy for UN is one of the most interesting moments of my life, I know this
ambassadorial role is not going to be an easy task, but it is a call to responsibility. Beyond acting and making people happy on the screen, we need to learn to stretch our hands and touch people's lives.
- “It is more than acting for me because I see him a
- Chude Jideonwo and Mfon Ekpo are set to visit Amer
- “I lost my baby after the reunion of the Real Hous
- I was Raped And Impregnated At 15 By My Uncle - T
- Shatta Wale, Wiyaala and others to light up summer
- Hilda Dokubo blames kidnapped Nollywood veteran ac
- Nollywood actors’ kidnappers demand $100,000 befor
- Kidney Surgery for Nigerian musician Eedris Abdulk
- “I don’t watch myself but I had to watch myself du
- Zack Orji Declares Support For Tinubu