Barry Jhay: Why I Rejected Getting Signed Into DMW
A popular Nigerian Afro-pop singer and songwriter, Barry Jhay with the real name Oluwakayode Junior Balogun have spoken about how he turned down the idea of getting signed into Davido's DMW record label.
Barry Jhay, the son of iconic late Fuji artist, Ayinde Barrister disclosed what prompted his ultimate decision to decline the offer to become a member of DMW in an interview on the podcast, Echoo Room hosted by Quincy Jonze.
The "Aiye" crooner revealed how he met Davido through Obama and how Davido tried signing him into his record label. But a lot of "shit" happening in DMW that he was not okay with made him decline the need to join the label.
He further revealed that he was not feeling cool with the kind of competition in the label and that was not what he needed at that time. The like of Peru(the last signee), Mayorjun, Dremo, Peruzi filled the spaces in the label.
Reactions read below:
prince_danzy: He was scared of other artists. Why not put it straight.
blaqgreek: If this is true then you made a mistake.
ewa_adejoke: Wule Bantu 😂😂😂😂 thank God we no do mistake accept you fowl 😂.
atomacoofficial: Always believe in yourself and stop looking at what others are doing….✍️.
magicman_:010 Tbh Barry would have been apple or David’s eyes even before Mayor.
shadesby_labrowny: What is it with accent bayi, like what’s wrong with all Nigerian artist, that’s zino was speaking accent with catarrh voice😂Bhary you too odidi omo agbajelola, Olanbiwoninu mr Fuji 😂.
- American-based Kenyan Rockstar Benking The Artist
- Tems Bags First Grammy Award
- "Dreams Come True" Reactions Trail The Moment Seyi
- Tems Links Up With JAY Z And Beyonce In Pre Grammy
- Do You Know Idris Elba? See What He Intends To Do
- Paul Okoye's Girlfriend Is At It Again As She Reve
- Seyi Law Says A Swear On Himself And Promises To S
- "..He Put My Name On A Goat" Actress Laments Over
- Eniola Badmus Receives Appointment From Tinubu
- At Last! Mr Ibu And His Wife Reconciles