I'm a happy single mother – Uche Ogbodo
Nollywood actress, Uche Ogbodo, says she is a proud and happy single mother and has no regrets giving birth outside wedlock.
She made this known while speaking about marriage with Inside Nollywood.
According to her, she has her reservation about marriage but she would want to try it one day. However, for now, she is comfortable with being a single mother.
“I have many reservations on the issue of marriage right now. You know, marriage is something that I wanted to try, but it didn't work out initially. I'm not even thinking about it now but I'm very happy about having a child as a single mother. It's fine if marriage comes later. So many women are depressed and looking old and haggard because of marriage and pregnancies. In Africa, we believe that it's only a married woman that can get pregnant.
“In fact, that's what our parents taught us,” she stated.
The Broken Pieces star continued: “But to whose detriment really? To the girl's detriment of course! So many have become aged, many have entered menopause without kids just because they were waiting for men to marry them before they get pregnant. Who says that men don't come to women who have kids? Even while I'm pregnant, men still come after me. So, what's going on? There's still time for marriage, I'm still young and beautiful. I can still get married anytime I want. But I have my kids, they are blessings to me.”
Uche Ogbodo, born May 17, 1986, is a Nigerian film actress and producer.
Born in Enugu State, Ogbodo’s journey to Nollywood began following the decision of her father to register her with the Actors Guild of Nigeria in Enugu State. Since her debut in 2006, she has gone on to star in several films.
- Moesha Buduong allegedly fighting 'spiritual illne
- I don’t sleep around for movie roles – Angela Egua
- Some more: Nigerian singer MC Wallywa's song debut
- Idia Aisien is Blanck Magazine’s Cover Star: Talks
- 'Eyimofe’: Twin Directors’ impressive Feature Debu
- Lydia Forson, Zynnel Zuh & Naa Ashorkor struggle w
- Ria Kosher Drops New Collection Tagged 'Loud Silen
- Censors Board, filmmakers harp on effective imple
- Iyo: Diamond Platnumz uniting Africa with new song
- Nkechi Blessing Unveiled As Titan Farms Brand Amba