Actress, Tonto Dikeh Empowers Domestic Violence & Rape Victims
It is no secret that sexual assault & domestic violence is endemic in Nigeria, and due to shortcomings in our legal system, the issue persists.
Nollywood Actress & Philanthropist, Tonto Dikeh who was recently made an ambassador to The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) took it upon herself to empower some victims of domestic violence & rape.
Tonto Dikeh through her Foundation will be empowering 16yrs old SS1 Student of Kuje Govt Girls Science, who was raped some months back in her school by counselling her, paying her school fees in a more improvised school to university level and Benue State Born lady who was married with two kids, she suffered domestic violence throughout the marriage that lasted for 7years, the tragic shock that led to the divorce of the couple was that the husband forcefully slept with her 15years old younger sister, the domestic violence victim, she was empowered by Tonto Dikeh by paying up her university school fees and also starting up a business for her.
Tonto Dikeh also commended NAPTIP for their good works and She also said that the beneficiaries will be counselled, rehabilitated and reintegrated into the society to prevent them from being among the vulnerable group again.
- Singer, Simi's Mum Celebrates 1st Wedding Annivers
- No S3x for me Now Till Marriage Night...BBN Star,
- VP Yemi Osinbajo Stroms Ikeja Cinema to Watch Woli
- BBN Star, Bisola Aiyeola Celebrates 33rd Birthday
- BBM Star, Bambam Steps out Baring Chest in Public
- Your View Host, Morayo Brown Welcomes Baby Boy
- Bbnaija’s Khloe Flaunts Tattooed Bikini Body
- Actress, Uchenna Nnanna Shares Adorable Photos of