COSON Chairman, Tony Okoroji embarks on One Man Protest
Tony Okoroji, the Chairman of the Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON) has begun an indefinite one-man demonstration in front of the Federal High Court, Lagos.
Okoroji said that his action has become necessary to draw the attention of the world to a new and dangerous attempt to destroy the Nigerian judicial system by the blackmail of a Nigerian judge to force him not to deliver a judgment written by him.
He says he's asking all lawyers and judges in the Nigerian legal system to insist that the case file in Suit No FHC/L/CS/1259/2017 which he said was taken away in bizarre circumstances from Justice Ibrahim Buba of the Federal High Court, Lagos, just as he was about to deliver judgment in the suit, be returned to the judge so that he can deliver his judgment and any of the parties dissatisfied with the judgment can proceed to the Court of Appeal.
According to Chief Okoroji, the key question Justice Buba was scheduled to answer in his judgment is this: Under Nigerian law, is the syndicate known as Musical Copyright Society Nigeria (MCSN) truly an approved collecting society and authorized to collect money on behalf of innocent Nigerian musicians? Okoroji was insistent that some people desperately do not want that question answered hence the muscling of Justice Ibrahim Buba and the failed machinations to remove Okoroji himself as Chairman of COSON.
- BBM Star, Bambam Steps out Baring Chest in Public
- Your View Host, Morayo Brown Welcomes Baby Boy
- Bbnaija’s Khloe Flaunts Tattooed Bikini Body
- Actress, Uchenna Nnanna Shares Adorable Photos of
- Regina Daniels Appointed Atiku Abubakar Youth Camp
- Nollywood Actress, Rechael Okonkwo bags Endorsemen
- Toke Makinwa Gets Expensive Perfume from Secret Ad
- You Don’t have to Sleep with Anyone to get into BB