Sightings | 6 January 2018 09:02 CET

Singer, Lami Philips loses Grandma at Age 97

When we see sad stories of some people dying at the ripe old age, we are left with no choice but to pray to God for a good life to live well and make good impacts that we’ll be remembered for.

Such was the case of singer, Lami Philips, who recently woke up to the sad news of her grandma passing away to glory.

Her grandma was able to hold on so she can be part of those that will be celebrating the New Year which she did but had to bid the world farewell as it was time to go and rest.

Sharing the sad news, she wrote, “I woke up this morning and said “ah so it’s not a dream.. my dandelion has passed “... my head hurts.. my heart aches. Granny your daughter is missing you o.. mmh. You LIVED! You lived completely and you lived for God. You brought everyone together. You spoke your mind till the end. In perfect mental state and physical capacity.... singing hymns and praying psalms. Granny.. THANK YOU. Thank you .. for too many things I can’t begin to mention. You were a total woman. We are big babies because you left us at 97 and we shouldn’t be weeping but we really miss you. I loved that you didn’t fit into anyone’s definition of who you should be at any time and you were always full of life. Thank you for imparting unique wisdom to us. For being soooo hard on us growing up and making us tough. For forcing me to eat Quaker Oats . Granny You should be anyone’s point of contact for a life well spent. See all your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren circling around you . You went how you wanted. Quietly and quick. no sickness no pain. My hero, my queen. Sun re o. We will take care your Toyin.. she’s our baby now. My Folashade.. rest in Gods love. You remain GREAT.”

1 hour ago
Singer cum businessman, Eldee The Don, is currently bereaved as he has just lost his mother who passed on some days back. The singer has been on a low key for a while but was able to brace up as a man to announce the demise of his mother. Frien
1 hour ago
Nollywood actor cum producer and C.E.O of Owolabi Films, Owolabi Ajasa, has proven that age is not a barrier for those that still wants to go to school. The actor got many talking when he shared photo of himself in camp with other youths who are c
Burna Boy thrilled a select few press and media, his close friends and family to an exclusive first listen of his forthcoming album “Outside” in a private listening party at WéRé House in Lekki, Lagos. The album is set to be
Sometimes history presents an anomaly; like a giant that crawls on its knees instead of stand on its feet. When a country destined naturally for greatness wallows in insolvency as a result of greed and self-aggrandizement. When a nation comes to a po
One of Nigeria’s top comedian, Jephthah Akpororo, is not just living a life of celebrity but he has been able to use his status to try in impacting lives in his community. The comedian does not just entertain top individuals in the society w