Commics News | 14 November 2017 09:01 CET

My Mother Wanted me to be a Lecturer…Comedian, Bovi Reveals

Not many parents accepts their children going into entertainment some because of the kind of lives they see them live while some parents are well-to-do and know they can provide for their children till old age.

Back then while growing, our parents are always out to pick what we will become in the future for us as kids and we are left with no choice but to dance to their tune but today, things have changed just the way it changed for comedian, Bovi.

Bovi during a motivational speech recently, shared part of his success story to stardom as he stated that his parents especially his mother never supported his idea of studying Theatre Arts because she feels the course is meant for people without future.

Even after his Youths Service, the comedian was told by his mother that lecturing job was available for him just for him to make a choice of University or Polytechnic and it is done.

According to him, “One of the biggest luck I think I ever had in my life was discovering who I was at a very young age. I was 15 and I asked my mum people doing movies what do they study, she said Theatre Arts, but it is a useless course that was the day I decided that I was going to study Theatre Arts. When I was 18, I got into the university and it was a tug of war between folks and I from 100level till final year because they wanted me to change department but I stocked to my course luckily, they let me be. I thought that was the end, during Youths Service my mum said when you finish, go back to Delta state, I have two jobs for you as a lecturer either in the polytechnic or the university.”

2 days ago
Singer, Bigiano, is still single but there is a reason for that and that is because he has not found the right woman to settle down with. He has been busy attending some of his friend’s wedding and that has been giving him serious concern an
2 days ago
Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie, has not disappointed many who had predicted his faith after the just concluded Anambra state election which saw him taking the least vote. Yul had some months back joined the race for the powerful seat in Anambra stat
2 days ago
Singer, Dammy Krane, who recently scaled through some troubled waters, has shocked many of his fans as he has just signed a new artiste. Many have been asking several questions with how much Dammy Krane has done for himself before planning on sign
2 days ago
Singer, Alabi Pasuma, has joined other Nigerians to send tribute messages to fellow Fuji singer, K1 De Ultimate, who just lost his daughter, Wasilat. Wasilat has since been buried according to Islamic rites as guests continue to troop into the fam
2 days ago
Legendary Fuji singer, King Wasiu Ayinde Marshal better known as K1 de Ultimate, is currently bereaved as he recently lost his 34year old daughter, Wasilat. The singer, who has been secretly taking care of his daughter along with other family memb