After Collecting N500,000, Native Doctor Jailed for Failing to Make ‘Love Portion’ Medicine for Client
A 50-year old retired Customs officer turned native doctor, Akin Babalola, has been convicted and handed two years imprisonment without an option of fine for defrauding a 72-year old woman, Mrs Dinah Grace over ‘love portion’.
The convict had alleged that the victim paid him N500,000 to prepare ‘love portion’ in order to win back her estranged husband after they had separated for some years.
However, the presiding Magistrate, Mrs J.O.E Adeyemi found his claim spurious, declared him guilty of fraud and sentenced him accordingly.
According to PM News, the Osun State-born Akin Babalola allegedly obtained N500,000 from Dinah Grace under the false pretence of preparing the love potion for her and instead of Babalola keeping his own part of the bargain, he allegedly duped the septuagenarian.
Trouble started after Dinah asked Babalola to refund her money since he did not fulfill their agreement but Babalola refused. He threatened to expose her if she asked for the money again.
She went to Igando Police Division and reported that Babalola defrauded her under false pretence. Babalola was arrested and taken to the station where he told the police that he collected the money and did not continue with their initial agreement because it involved human life.
- Imo People are Suffering…Singer, Daddy Showkey Blast Gov. Rochas Okorocha
- Actress, Lizzy Anjorin gets Hijacked by Friends Abroad
- Reigning Face of Nigeria World winner Gets Engaged To Young Pastor
- Nigerians Applaud Buhari on Action Towards Kachikwu-Baru misconceptions, Tip Mr. Integrity For 2019 Re-Election
- Meet Nollywood’s Sexy Pregnant Actress, Ajanigo Simeon
- Actor, Ime Bishop Celebrates Wedding Anniversary
- Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmus Puts Comedian AY to Blast
- Singer, 2Baba Joins Gbenro Ajibade, Susan Peters on Set