Love Alone Does not Make Marriages Last…Actress, Abimbola Ogunnowo
Nollywood actress, Abimbola Ogunnowo, has waded into the lingering issues of marital challenges faced by both some of her colleagues and in other homes.
The actress took out time to give several reasons she feels some marriages don’t last as s halo dished out possible solutions.
“I have discovered that love doesn't guarantee the success of a relationship. Love cannot help you stick to one person all years round, and on the other hand, cheating isn't always a product of not loving your partner. In fact, loving someone doesn't guarantee not falling in love with someone else.
“Relationships work out mostly because of our head not our heart. It works out because of our emotional maturity, empathetic intelligence and self discipline because, time will come when you'll see more beautiful, handsome, romantic, intelligent, sexy, rich, curvy and God fearing people than the one you're in a relationship with.
“In those times, love will not help you; self control will help you, emotional intelligence will come to your rescue and commitment will keep you going. With those characteristics, no matter how you feel for someone else, the person you're committed to will rank first in your life. You think happily married people don't see better people than the ones they married? You think they don't feel funny sometimes? You think they don't catch feelings? They do!
“But understanding that commitment is greater than feelings is the great arsenal that do destroy that impulse. You can fall in love with anyone, but building a relationship takes absolutely more than what attracted you to them and takes more than love. We are too fond of loving when it's convenient and sweet. We are too fond of loving when love is there but that can only last for just the first 3-6 months of the relationship. After then, you'll realise that the feelings have dropped, it's now your responsibility to make it work, not love's responsibility.
“Relationships cannot be readymade. You have to build it and it's never always about love, it requires commitment and intelligence. On the long run in marriages, it's not just love that keeps them together forever, it's determination and commitment.”
- Actress, Rechael Okonkwo Releases Stunning Photos to Celebrate her Birhday
- OAP Toke Makinwa Promises to Support Fibroid Patient
- Fans are Already begging me for Money…Actor, Abimbola Kazeem (so mo age mi)
- Actress, Clarion Chukwurah Meets with Femi Adeshina to Create Employment
- Singer, Pasuma Celebrates Daughter as She Graduates from US University
- Chimamanda Adichie joins Bill Clinton, Mother Teresa and Christiane Amanpour as the first African to address the Harvard University Day Speech
- Actor, RMD Melts Hearts as he Slays in Native Outfit
- Actor, John Okafor Celebrates 3rd Year Wedding Anniversary